Monday 30 June 2014

Sharing the love

I've wanting to write about this for a while but never had the mood to do so. 

As we step into the second half of the year, I find myself thinking of the resolution I made earlier this year. I didn't wrote down my resolution this year as I want to change as time goes by. I didn't want to constraint myself. One resolution in particular stand out as it involve other people and not only changes in myself. 

Last year when I was having a very difficult time financially, I found myself at a verge of being broke. I have never ask for any extra money that period of the time from my parents because I know they were in a worst position than I was, at least I did have my ptptn money with me. 

I blog about it in my personal blog which was deleted a while ago. Two friends, read it and approach me offering me money. Both of them are not well off, nor were they making a lot of money at that time. But both of them offer to borrow me money and pay them back later. I rejected as I knew I was able to live by without starving but with a very minimum amount of money. 

That very action explains my resolution actually. Often, we forgets the kindness of our friends, how they were willing to sacrifice a little part of them for us. 

For the whole year of 2014, I wanted to repay my friends who treated me like a friend. I wanted to be a little more caring. And that was why I started my little project of mine of buying them a meal. A whole lot of them started questioning my intention at first, some easily accepted my reason, some shrug it off like I was crazy. But in the end, I did pay the bill. 

So far, I have succeed buying 7 friends a meal. The food itself had no meaning, the gathering behind that meal is. My condition of my project is that it must be only 2 person so we had time to talk and catch up. I like the idea of sharing thought together and just talk. 

6 months left, if you want to catch a meal with me, please don't hesitate to call me. I would be more than happy to belanja you. 

PS: Please do not ask me out on month end. Haha 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your meal, once I started work, my turn yah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha you're welcome. I didnt officially buy you a meal yet though. :/

    ReplyDelete