Monday 10 December 2012

Self discipline

Temptation is such a evil thing. It lures you in and tempt you like some people are attracted to shoes, clothes, foods, chocolates, gundam or toys. There's whole lot of temptation out there in the world. One thing people around me tells me lately is they don't have money but they are still shopping and buying things they don't need. As my random fact #2 says, what you want is not what you need. So my advice is to buy what you need but not what you want. Hard? Very. 

Like any other girl, I am very vulnerable to shopping. It used to be foods but I got that under control. One thing about money is that it vanishes faster than a blink of eyes. This is true, very true. Every time i withdraw money, it disappear before i realize. So one day, I try to record down what I buy every day and realize what I buy are all foodstock and livestock. I don't even go for shopping nowadays because i forbid myself from all the temptation. Now I put myself on a strict diet and budget every week. 

So how do people save money? Self discipline. No one can force you to spend money but yourself, your desire and your will. You control what you buy. You have to say no to yourself. Ask yourself before buying, Do you need it? Or just you want it? Controlling yourself is very much restraining yourself from wasting money. Some may say you are not enjoying life but I prefer a well-planned life than a life filled with debts and things you don't need.

This is the same as studies. You can see in a class, students that take initiative to study and score, students that come late or doesn't come at all and study last minute, students that absent for whole semester and fail, students that are lazy and expect help from other people. No one knows how to do everything the first time, before you tell other people, "I don't know how to do." and ask for help, why not try and solve it yourself first? That person doesn't know how too at first but we learn. 

Some people ask for help every time they face a problem but they never actually attempt themselves. You must take initiative to help yourself before people will help you. I help whenever i can but I don't like helping lazy and dependent people. If you are not interested in helping yourself, why should I? I doesn't have the obligation to help you. Self discipline applies here too. Set a target for yourself, be strict to yourself. Own a little dignity of your own. 

Self Discipline
Be a owner of your own life, never let temptation rule your life. 


1 comment:

  1. Sometimes my friends always seek help from in different aspects, but I do evaluate them based their self help desire. That means 人不自救,你怎样帮也没用。你现在帮他是因为他懒惰想解决方式还是度过难关。

    ReplyDelete